If you're considering natural childbirth or learning what is possible for birth outside of relying on the medical industry, I highly suggest you get this book.
Guide to Childbirth is Ina May Gaskin's gift to expectant mothers who are looking into natural childbirth. This book contains everything there is to know about giving birth without technological intervention and lets you see the surprising benefits it can bring to your life.
This book is filled with wonderful birth stories and helpful advice that were the result of Ina May's more than 30 years of experience as a midwife.
Here is what this book has in store for you:
- Reducing the pain of labor without drugs--and the miraculous roles touch and massage play
- What really happens during labor
- Orgasmic birth--making birth pleasurable
- Episiotomy--is it really necessary?
- Common methods of inducing labor--and which to avoid at all costs
- Tips for maximizing your chances of an unmedicated labor and birth
- How to avoid postpartum bleeding--and depression
- The risks of anesthesia and cesareans--what your doctor doesn't necessarily tell you
- The best ways to work with doctors and/or birth care providers
- How to create a safe, comfortable environment for birth in any setting, including a hospital
Guide to Childbirth replaces fear with faith in your own power to bring life into this world without the pain, worries and medical intervention.